Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Our Home

I don't think I will ever be as excited to put myself through hell for a year as I am now. Eddie and I were finally accepted to participate in this housing project where we actually build our home (with hammers and nails). They estimate it will take 9 months to one year, and I get a house. A really am so excited to build my real life home. It has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a 2 car garage, a yard, my own washer and dryer, and room for a puppy. So in 5 degree weather, Eddie and I will be hammering and worse things. If you want to help us build (we need to do 30 hours a week) by all means, let me know. Also, 5 more lots need people to build houses on them, so if you would like more info, please let me know and I will make sure it happens. Check out the cute home we will be building and the lot it will be on (a before and after shot of what is to come). My cousin, Scot, and his wife and kids will be our next door neighbors!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chad Carly and Baby Cash said...

That is really exciting Bree! What a daunting task! You and Eddie are up for the challenge though! I wish I could help, but I am on the other side of the states! :(

September 6, 2007 at 5:18 AM  
Blogger J & J said...

wow that house IS cute. is it going to be expensive? i would love to help you once i get my insane life in order. i'll let you know asap. do you think my belly will get in the way of the hammer and nail? yeah, me neither.

September 6, 2007 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

That is so cool! I hope all goes well.

September 6, 2007 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Ani said...

hmmm.....I want to help, and I want to build my own house, and I want to be your neighbor!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!! YAAY!

September 6, 2007 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

That is really cool. Where are you building it? I can't wait to own a home.

September 7, 2007 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

oh this is so exciting (minus the part about 5 degree weather). can't wait to see it come together!

September 8, 2007 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home