Monday, February 11, 2008

School


I think maybe my blog postings should include more personal stuff. So I started by posting this picture. If thats not personal I don't know what is. Also, I thought I'd tell you about what its like to be a severely brain injured person at school. I'm hoping I'll bring more understanding and a spirit of acceptance to the world. One blog at a time.
Lets start with when I do group project, which happens pretty often as a Psychology major. Peers assume I am incapable of doing squat and so they do the whole thing. Problem here is if others will do it all for you, you don't want to put in the effort to do anything. BECAUSE ITS SO EASY TO BE LAZY. The end result is you get a project done by doing nothing and YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE GOES DOWN THE DRAIN. Seriously, I'm stuck in this pattern were its so easy for other people to believe your incompetent but eventually you start feeling like your worthless.
Then really little comments made by teachers, peers, people from church, coworkers, etc... that are comments that normal people wouldn't be bothered by I can twist a million ways to think a comment was made that means I'm incapable.
So one might ask..."why are you doing this to yourself?" Because in the summer of 2003 I started it, and I plan to finish no matter how hard a horse kicks me in the head.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

I have always thought you were just as capable as the next person. In fact, I have always had the impression you don't let your injury be an excuse for anything. It's always impressed me, and I love how you have such a good sense of humor about it.

February 11, 2008 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I agree with Sabrina. Thanks for bringing light to some of the struggles you face because other people just "assume" x, y and z. I have enjoyed the times that I've been able to talk with you...you're always so friendly.

P.S. Your blog looks cute.

February 12, 2008 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger queenieweenie said...

You go girl! I think it's awesome you're finishing your degree. You will NEVER regret it. Keep working hard. You are awesome and I love you!

February 14, 2008 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger i'm jefra... said...

ROFL!!!!

February 19, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home