Friday, September 21, 2007

Someone Help Me!!!!!!

I need help...someone...anyone...please?! Ok the worst part of getting kicked in the head by a horse is, well almost worst, maybe learning to walk and talk win, the stupid canker sores. Seriously, ever since I woke up from the coma, for the past 2 years, I've had mass amounts of canker sores. I have at least one at all times, sometimes up to 6. And no dr. can help me. They all say "oh thats weird, you should ask _____." So I went to an endocrinologist (hormone Dr.) and I said "somethings changed, and not just my voice. I have tons of canker sores always" and she said "oh well, thats not my problem, see someone else. If you think I could help with that, well thats just silly. Is that seriously what you can to ask me about?" Ok, yeah, I'm pissed. One every few months if rough enough, but always having 5 or 6 for two years, I have had it up to here.

they keep saying I should try mouth wash or they remind me for the 90478937 time they're caused by stress. Look, if I just wanted to know that (which I did 64 years ago before I got hurt) I could just look on google. I mean, I know stress aggravates them, like when I was taking the ward camping I got 6. But there is something else! I know it and I'm pissed that Drs think its no big deal cuz it won't kill me, but they hurt! I'm so mad. I've put me foot down, it took 2 years.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ani said...

favorite part of this post..
"I've put me foot down." I love when you speak Irish.

September 21, 2007 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

Breanne, I know exactly what you're talking about! Finally someone that has a problem like mine (although much worse). I've had chronic cancer sores for my entire life; they are the bane of my existence. I almost always have at least one, but I can’t say I’ve had 6 at a time. My problem is how big they always get, seriously huge. Have you ever had one in your throat? For our whole trip to Europe I had one in my throat and could barely eat anything. I get it from my Dad; he has them as bad as me. Anyway, the only time in my life when I didn’t notice them was when I was surfing everyday and it was because of the salt water. Anytime a canker even pretended to form, the salt would clean it up. My only problem now is that I can’t swish salt water, it’s too gross. Mouthwash seems to help but I'm in the same boat as you.

September 22, 2007 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Mitch said...

Oh yeah, and stress is balogna. They're not caused by stress.

September 22, 2007 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

I get 'em and I hate 'em.

Things to try:
1. Buy toothpaste without sodium lauryl sulfate. It's a non-active ingredient that can both cause and aggravate them.
2. When I get them, I put salt on them. It hurts like hell, but they go away faster. If you don't like that someone-is-stabbing-my-canker-sore-with-a-knife feeling, rinse your mouth with salt water.
3. Anbesol
4. I know someone who took lysine tablets (an amino acid) and it made his go away . . . no promises there.

September 23, 2007 at 12:50 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

ive got nothing except i love you. im sorry for your pain, and im excited i found your blog.

September 23, 2007 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger heatherb said...

Sweet Breianne, I'm so sorry! I hate getting canker sores, I always thought it was bad when I'd get three, but 6! I haven't had them lately, but I have also heard taking Lysine supplements can help prevent and shorten the duration of a canker sore. good luck! (it's Heather Braley by the way)

September 24, 2007 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Sam Curren said...

A friend of mine just posted his favorite remedy... it might be worth a try!

November 14, 2007 at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home