Saturday, May 30, 2009

THE 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE PERSON

I'm a bit reluctant to share this with you. Why? Because it really isn't that good. Then why would I tell people about it? Because it takes 5 minutes to make a little cake for you in the microwave!!!!! Also, I'm telling you because I LIKE CAKE. And thats all it takes. However, if I really wanted some good chocolate cake I would be going to Dew (right next to campus plaza in Provo on 800 North) and I would be getting the dark chocolate one (I don't even like dark chocolate-- but its not like bitter dark chocolate) with the hazelnut (I don't even like hazelnut) but its THAT GOOD. Its kind of this molten cake and its to die for. On our honeymoon to San Francisco we went to this restaurant (I forget what it was called) and we got the (bare with me...its a different language..) meulu chocolat (thats why I stick to english). Then, we went to China and then we got stuck in San Fran while coming back to the states for one day exactly one year after our honeymoon! If thats not cute I don't know what is. So we went back to our favorite restaurant to get that chocolate cake. But thanks to Dew, I don't feel like I need to go to San Fran to get an incredible cake.

Anyway, I digress...I prefer to use my "I was in a coma" excuse to explain why I can't stay focused...

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

I made one for Eddie, and I thought it looked over done, so I microwaved mine for 2 minutes 15 seconds, and I thought that was still over-cooked, so next time I make it I'll be cooking it for more like a minute. But I would way rather eat some cake batter over some over-cooked cake. Thats just me. It really is perfect if you just want a little something sweet (always for me!) and you don't want to go to Dew and you don't want to get any dishes dirty. Maybe just try it and you'll realize it really is the easiest thing EVER.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon J. said...

Bree,

This cake looks awesome. Also, I sent out this message on facebook to some girl friends, but I don't have you as a friend on facebook, so I wanted to make sure you get the message. I have just copied and pasted below. Remember to let me know what I can do to help with the shower!

Hello Friends!

Tyler is going to Lake Powell this weekend and so I am planning the ultimate come as you please GIRLS WEEKEND. I am working on getting together a tentative schedule but I need your ideas! I am thinking some pool time, a hike, dinner, chic flick, a craft, etc., but I want to hear what you think would be fun. I will get you a list of the events by Thursday, so email me back soon with your input. If you are busy or don't want to come, no big deal :)

Love you all!

Shannon

May 31, 2009 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Kim Edwards said...

I am going to try this asap! I love cake too--maybe I should tell my old room mate about it becuase she always made cake batter and ate it. (yum, but yuck in large quantities) THANKS for the recipe

June 4, 2009 at 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home