Monday, June 1, 2009

Peer Pressure

I often really just do what other people want me to do. Luckily, I've never tried heroine. I don't give in to peer pressure THAT easily. However, I think I need to toughen up a little. Which is very strange because I have a tenancy to be a bit tougher than most 100 lbs. 5'2" girls. I need to stand up for what I believe in. I would hope that I wouldn't kill myself just because someone tells me to, but we have evidence that says otherwise.

Today I was driving, with my brain (that has been knocked off its steady equilibrium and is susceptible to more injury) and all, and someone honked their horn saying "You should turn into that oncoming traffic and kill yourself" and I said "If you insist." And let me tell you: His horn was insisting!

Sorry, here's what happened. I was making a left turn at a stop sign, and I hadn't even been at the front of the stop sign line for long, and I saw a car coming but it went behind another car or something, so I decided to wait because I knew it was behind a blind spot. THEN the JERK behind me honked. I thought "Maybe this guy knows something I don't know, maybe that car has turned" so I pulled out. Soon as I pulled out into the middle of the intersection I realized "OH I WAS RIGHT" (if I wasn't right so often I would have an easier time admitting when I'm wrong) and thats when I realized how blessed I am to have a fast car. Injury avoided.

Oh my gosh, such a jerk idiot. Why did I do that? I'm serious when I say it could of killed me.

And despite my injury I consider myself a pretty aggressive driver. Born and Raised Californian. I'm mad at that person for telling me to do a dumb thing. No, actually, I'm more mad at myself for listening. For taking that message away from his insistent honk. Why did I listen?? NO MORE! Next time I'm going to remember that I am usually right so if someone tells me to do something, they're wrong.

How did I get that message out of someone honking?

1 Comments:

Blogger queenieweenie said...

jerky drivers suck-and I SWEAR there are more in Utah.

June 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home