Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Night and My Socks

Here is a story for you! Possibly the worst night of my life at the time, but its kind of funny in retrospect. This will be a lot of writing but thats how long my night was.

Sunday night Eddie and I were going to our friend's, Jenny and Lasse's, house for dinner. We were supposed to be celebrating their purchase of a home about 1/2 block away from us! But Eddie was trying to post the video before the cut off time, so I was going alone. I was bringing dessert, but I burnt the frosting and I didn't have another box of powdered sugar, so I called Jenn and she said just to come over and I could use hers. I put on the pair of stockings that I just finished knitting and went out the door. I took a paper Anthropologie bag and put a bottle of vanilla in and some cocoa. I pretty recently bought the vanilla and I broke the cap before I even used it the first time, so it had a precariously placed cap of aluminum foil. In my hurry, I didn't even think about the danger.

I was driving over, and then I heard Neon Tree's Animal on 101.9 The End, and I almost died! Not only are they a Provo band who I've met, but Animals is also my current favorite song. I was SO excited I almost died and I started looking for my phone (don't tell Oprah) to call Eddie, but I must of forgotten it. Then I almost died again for agony. But, big deal, I can cope without modern technology. I can do anything in my car. I told you I don't need technology.

I get to Jenn's apartment complex and realize I'm not sure where I'm going, but I don't have my phone, so I'd have to figure it out. I parked, and I put the Anthro bag on my lap and getting everything else together. Then I started wondering what was wet on the seat. I look down and realize I'm COVERED in vanilla. My socks I just knit...all brown. I threw it out the door (I left it there.) and went to what I thought was the right apartment. I left the cake in the car, I didn't care anymore. Not Jenny or Lasse answered the door, so I asked if they knew where they lived. They were in the same ward so they knew. Their 2 year old said it smelled funny...it was just vanilla...GET OVER IT!

So I found Jenn and Lasse, and I was so close to tears. No husband. No phone. No cake. Everything in my car was sticky. I smelled funny...the little girl said. And worst of all, my hard work knitting was ruined! I almost just drove home in shame to cry...

So here are some pictures...Screen grabs from a wedding Eddie shot...



It was a big lose. I had only have them for about 2 weeks. It was pure vanilla, so its in there for good. I think I'm just going to dye them a darker color. Plus, it wont take me as long to knit them now that I've done it once. Just prolly a week or two.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

that makes me so sad! all your hard work! i saw you wearing them the other week and meant to tell you how great they looked. you are amazing! but really, i would just dye them darker, and then yeah, do another lighter pair. i hate days like that!

March 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home