Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sweatpants?

I just had an interesting rule just instigated at work. So I work in the Woman's Issue Room in the Richards Building at BYU. Thats the PE building. All of my co workers are all majoring in something related to health or human performance or something of the sort. I, on the other hand, am majoring in Psychology, pretty much not related to the locker room. Already, I have a bit of a complex about this, right? When I'm walking around in my jeans and high heals, I just know everyone else is thinking "what's up with that girl? She clearly doesn't do anything athletic ever. How did she get this most desirable job on campus even though she didn't even know this place existed?" You want to know how?! I WAS IN A COMA! And when I told this very religious, do-the-right-thing, university that I couldn't do much else one year later, they made a spot for me at that job, and I've had it ever since.

Anyways, my point is that now I can no longer wear sweatpants or workout clothes to my job. I need to look nice-casual. Ok, I'm alright with that. Easy enough. However, I just figured out how to fit in. I just need to dress the part. Otherwise, if not dressed like I know how to move my body, I go to badminton and people wonder "Whats with this girl in jeans whos swinging a racquet around?" Instead, they think "Oh, this girl who obviously dumped a whole bucket of bleach on her head is dressed like she's trying to do sports, so because she's repetitively trying to hit something, she must be playing a game." Otherwise, I just look crazy.

So in my athletic-type locker room job, I liked to wear athletic-type, locker room clothes so I could blend easier. It was my little tarradiddle. Thats word of the day. I'm trying to expand my vocabulary. Look it up and then use it.



Thats all I want to be.

3 Comments:

Blogger KEH said...

bree, what the hell. that is the MOST vomitrocious photo of asian thigh ever placed before my eyes. seriously, what is going on there????

February 26, 2010 at 12:03 AM  
Blogger Brett and Sydnie said...

Bree, I can't even believe it! Whats the point? The girls that need t-shirts want to think they are getting them from the Gap instead of the issue room? Its not a Nordstrom....

Totally ruined it.

February 26, 2010 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger Jordan P said...

LOL

February 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home