Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Drama

I decided that its about time to let it be known-- I can be a bit of a drama queen. I will admit it myself, and so if you are gossiping about it---zip it! I KNOW!!

I have a thing about dairy. I've been known to throw milk away before the expiration date because I think it "smells funny." It smelling funny would be a justifiable reason if it really did smell funny, but usually it smells fine, I just think all milk "smells funny." The other day (tuesday) I poured a bowl of cereal and then never ate it because I decided I didn't like the idea of the milk, which still hadn't expired. I even went so far as to try it and ended up dry heaving into the sink. I'm 98% positive the milk was fine, just my mind gets carried away.

ANYWAYS, I went to cooking class right after the episode, and our recipe included using heavy cream. Of course, I was naturally concerned about its status, so I made the teacher look at/smell it. I then informed the entire class that I had a ""'thing' about dairy, and that I was leaning over the sink just a short while ago." Then I started to pour the cream into the measuring cup and CHUNKS started coming out. I SCREAMED. Then the teacher told me to get over it, so I put it in my recipe, which I might add, was very good. Any tips on surefire ways to know if your milk has gone bad? Not involving smelling, because I have a way of converting all normal smell into rotten smell.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Bliss said...

Ha ha ha! Oh Bree, I hate bad milk, it makes me want to throw up too. But the best thing I've found is to really stick to the expiration date. Milk always smells bad to me but it really smells bad when it expires. That's the best advice I've got. :P

February 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM  
Blogger Ani said...

I just screamed with you! Oh gosh. You know I have the same paranoia!

February 11, 2010 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger GG said...

Really thick cream almost always has lumps in it. When I die I want you all to lather my coffin with whipped cream. That's how much I love cream!!!! Love xoxoxoxo

February 18, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home