Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Day In My Life


I think of blog posts kind of like letters you get from missionaries: sometimes you just have time to read the 1st part, skip the mission part, and then read the end and look for stuff that actually applies to you. And this might be one of those where you just skip the whole middle part. But I'm sorry.

A normal week day goes like this:

I wake up and get to work at 9:30 or I drive Eddie to work so I have the car for the day. I know my work is cake, but I still gotta be there! And waste my time!

Then I get off work at 12:30. I run to 1 o'clock class. Then class is out at 3. Then I run home and do whatever I need to. Mon. and Wend. I have class again from 4 to 6:30. I'm not sure where I got the idea that 6 credits (which is full time even for non-kicked in the head/partial brain removal/coma people...) would be manageable for me right now. Also, on Thursdays I gotta run an appointment in the afternoon with my therapist to keep me from going more insane than I already am. Then Eddie gets home from work somewhere between 3:30 and 6:30, depending.

Then we put on our home-building clothes. I just have one designated pair for the week so not to get lots of clothes house-building dirty and I do the wash on Sundays. Then we work on the houses and leave about 9:45. By then it has gotten dark and we have cleaned up all the tools. Then, atleast one time a week, Eddie goes back to work, that crazy boy. Then we eat dinner circa 11 or 11:30. Also, about once a week he has band practice at night.

Then we shower. We have to shower together because I have a history of fainting, especially in the hot water with lots of steam in the air.

Then its bed time...my favorite part of the day. I love to sleep.

Then Saturdays:

We wake up around 7 and go build a house...until about 3 or 4. And then Eddie has a work related meeting about 4 or 5. Thats about 1/2 the Saturdays. The rest of the weeks the meetings are at 10 on a weeknight.

Keep in mind a girls gotta eat. And feed her husband. And do the laundry. And homework. And poop.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Because we can't DO ANYTHING NORMAL. This all started in 2005 when I had to put my head in the direct line of a kicking horse. I thought we needed a more dramatic love/marriage story.

We can't just buy a house, we have to build it ourselves.

We can't have a normal 9 - 5 job, we have to work weird hours to make ourselves different.

We can't just decide we're done with school after a insane injury. We have to keep trying to graduate.

We're not happy with average I don't think. I wish we were. Our lives will be special... just wait and see! All this chaos has to pay off. If only I could be a normal girl and have a baby and stay at home and not have to work and go to school and build a house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

You guys are amazing. I don't know how you do it!

June 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Ani said...

Bree, I love your life! It sounds so exciting to me! This crazy/fun life of yours will slow down and you will have plenty of time to spend home with a baby! Building a house sounds better than cracked and bleeding nipples to me!
ps. nice shower excuse. wink wink!

June 11, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home