Monday, July 28, 2008

A Foreign Object

We had mixed feelings about this past Saturday. First, I'll get the bad news out of the way.

Why is Eddie frowning? I gotta say...isn't he so cute when he's sad?! And pouty?! Well I think he's so cute always. I should. I married him. I'll tell you why he is so sad. While building, that boy shot himself in the wrist with a nail gun. I really hope you're asking for pictures cuz thats what you're gonna get!



He was so tough about the whole thing. I'm so proud of him. And then they gave him a morphine shoot in the butt. And tetanus in the arm. He is so cute! Even with a nail sticking out of his wrist. Which, by the way, was a 3 inch nail, so it was about half way in.

OK now for the good news! Because Eddie and I were busy at the hospital and I had to take care of him while he healed that first day, guess where we weren't. We weren't building. Which was one of Eddie's points on the way to the hospital. It was about 9:30, so just before it got really hot. He reminded me that "hey, we don't have to go back to the work site today!" Maybe we should shot ourselves on purpose. Its a good thing we have aflac. And then, after the hospital, he slept all day. But woke up just in time to see a rock show at Velor with Bryan and Dawn Freeland. Eddie had to get up for that. We've been planning on it for months. We saw Mike with Cub Country, Hans with Shark Speed, and Chad with Return to Sender (which was our first date back before these boys could drive.)

There is Return to Sender on stage.

Now I'm gonna get back to moving, which is hard when you have the "kicked in head and shot in wrist" duo. We're collectively pretty useless.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ani said...

Oh my gosh! Poor guy! That is insane! I am so glad you took pictures. I can't wait to show Matt. Crazy!
So where did you decide to move?

July 28, 2008 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Gooch Family said...

Wow! Ouch! Poor guy! Hey at least you didn't have to go back and work in the heat right?

July 28, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Asian Eddie said...

P.S. my glove tan line is awesome.

July 28, 2008 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Nic & Kandis said...

Oh my gosh that is so gross! I can't look at stuff like that! I hope you getter better soon Eddie.

July 28, 2008 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Jessica W said...

Oh gosh, how did Eddie even sit still enough for you to take pictures? That looks so painful!! I hope he's doing okay!

July 29, 2008 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger barbara said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh xoxoxo

July 29, 2008 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

OUCH!! Seriously can't believe he waited for you to get pictures!

July 30, 2008 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

That just looks like it kills! I guess we'll look forward to seeing the scar one day.

Sounds like you enjoyed the day off at least.

July 31, 2008 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger heatherly said...

Ummm, you forgot to mention that not only did Eddie lodge a nail into his wrist, but there was a Bree and Heather reunion on that fateful Saturday.

August 2, 2008 at 2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home