Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kitchen

Next time I think I might paint my kitchen, please refer me to this post. Hopefully I will then realize that painting your kitchen is a bad idea.
Let me tell you why:

1. Its a slow process. There are so many small areas to paint around.
2. I can't do it alone. Maybe I can when I'm strong enough to move the stove all by my self without scratching our floor. And when my balance is good enough to maneuver my brush above the top cabinets without falling and bumping my brain that is just teetering in delicate balance.
3. Your paint kind of bleeds through the tape and gets on the cabinets. HUGE problem if you just have natural colored cabinets. We'll be painting our cabinets to fix this problem soon enough. Which I head is a disaster, too.

3 is reason enough. But I do love it. I do have a sunny little kitchen! Here are pictures in route to a yellow kitchen. Refer to reason #1 i you're wondering why its not done. Its been a couple weeks.


3 Comments:

Blogger J & J said...

it is sunny! i know it's a pain (i've painted my living room AND both upstairs bathrooms in my house...hard work, takes forever...i get you), but you're right, it's worth it. bree, please forgive me. i missed your birthday, and i am so sorry. i just wanted to tell you that i am VERY thankful you were born. you are a smart, talented, beautiful, hilarious, wonderful, kind, loving, charming, witty, and charitable person. these are all qualities i wish i could have more of. you are also brave and very patient...and i seriously commend you for those things. happy belated birthday, my friend. and i want to come over so that i can bask in the fabulousness of your home.

March 30, 2009 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger queenieweenie said...

I tried that....ONCE

Looks beautiful!

March 31, 2009 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger The Foote Family said...

Your kitchen looks cheery and good, but I know what you mean--I tried painting our kitchen once and it was much more challenging than I had anticipated! Oh and Happy Belated Birthday to you!

April 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home