Sunday, July 5, 2009

freedom

I thought Provo's Freedom Festival deserves its own post, cuz you know...I've lived here for 5 years, and especially because its one of Utah's biggest festivals.
We live right off center street, and its a pretty big deal for "downtown" Provo. At the corner of University Ave. and Center Street they have this carnival thing, with your typical fair food and carnival rides and such. People are running around like crazy, with stupid drivers and lots of J-walkers. I'm surprised I didn't kill anyone on accident... And they have some run, which just by the name you know that I'm not involved, and at night they have the stadium of fire. This year, we only went to the fair thing and had some good food and walked around. There is also this big parade that goes around Provo, including right down center street. Tons of people camp out for their prime parade watching spots. We hate parades. People would ask what we were doing on the morning of the 4th, and we would tell then that we were only doing things on our side of center street; there just is NO way to get past security and parade chaos all morning. This year we used a car to block our drive way and last year, durning building, we spray painted a sign to keep people from parking on our lot. Apparently on some streets people would park like it was a parking lot all down the street so no one could drive. People don't mess around when it comes to the parade. I just don't understand the draw.
But despite all the hassle that comes from the parade and all other festivities, it feels good to be a part of this. I love this country, and I really love seeing a pack of 50 motorcycles driving up and down the street.

Also, thanks for all the support with the BMI. I think my old boss, Ashleigh Smith, was the only one that believes me when I say that I am NOT pregnant, and that it must be another problem with my body. Thanks Ashleigh, for being a believer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home