Wednesday, July 1, 2009

period.

This blog is about to get personal. REAL personal, REAL fast. Girls, I've got a question for you. My period is 2 1/2 weeks late. I know what you're thinking-- I am NOT pregnant. First Response told me that. And also, well this blog is personal enough, I'm not going to tell you the other big reason. So that leads me to this problem: there must be some unhealthy reason why. I might make a dr. appointment, but he'll just tell me that I need to gain some weight. Let me tell you the 2 huge problems with that theory.

1. GAIN WEIGHT?! are you kidding me???
2. Remember when I was in a coma? I got my period then, in that state. Which- lets talk about that- is DISGUSTING. I asked Eddie if I had my period in the coma and he said Yes. I asked what they did about it and he said he didn't know. "The nurses took care of it." So I googled it and it looks like no one wants to talk about it. Its that gross. And then the next month, when I was still in the hospital but not in a coma, I had it again, even when I was 20 lbs. lighter. Thats not a good look for anyone. I have not missed my period once in my life, no matter what I weighed. Plus, Nicole Richie got pregnant. Period.

So heres my question for you: Can a girl have her period fine, and then one day her body decide its BMI is too low? Its 16. I know thats low but it was 16 before and I had my period.

I only eat when I'm hungry and it's convenient, which probably doesn't happen as often as it should. Not to mention I have chronic canker sores, and eating only hurts them (and makes me want to die). If a dr. wants to help a girl out (which they never think is a real problem), I might gain weight. But until then I'll remain on my diet of Costco berry smoothies and marshmallows.

If you can let me know about the period/BMI thing, please let me know. If you have no idea, well thats fine. Just bring me some Peeps.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Haha, Bree... you are so funny! My BMI is low as well, 17, and I have never missed a period either (unless I was pregnant :) I think when the doctors say that your period can be irregular when you are underweight, I think they are talking like anorexic or bulimic underweight. I knew a few cross country running girls who had irregular periods- I've heard tons of exercise can do that. I could be wrong. Im just guessing. A missed period can also be caused by loads of stress, but I dont really see you as being super stressed too often. If this has never happened before and is not normal for you, i would for sure go see a woman doctor to see what they say . Good luck and keep us posted!

July 1, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home