Friday, April 2, 2010

True Love

Last night Eddie and I were sitting on the couch each holding one of our chickens. We held them in rags so they don't poop on us. I had Miley, Eddie had Mariah. I said to Eddie "They're pretty ugly these days, molting and all. They have half of their feathers, and half their baby fuz. But you know what? I still love them. I love them. Thats true love." Eddie agreed. Some of us have babies to love, some of us have baby chickens.

Eddie talked me onto his "I'm not ready for that kind of commitment" side.

***I KNOW I'm being ridiculous. Just let me have my chick fun and let me make the most of my childless days.***

2 Comments:

Blogger The Browning Bunch said...

You aren't being ridiculous - some of know exactly what it is like for our other half to not be ready for that commitment! Raising chickens sounds like so much fun!

April 5, 2010 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger samsam said...

just wait till they get a little bit older than that.....they'll turn into the moodiest teenage chickens and then they'll be lost forever in their chicken adulthood. it's all so sad.

April 21, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home