Sunday, August 15, 2010

Things Are Changing Around Here

It all started with two chickens...and let me tell you. Those are more responsibility than one would hope for. But Eddie and I better get used to it, because in case you didn't get the memo already, we've got a baby boy coming on dec. 29th. I'm 20 and 1/2 weeks today. Which is more than half way to baby coming. We really couldn't be more excited for it! We just love him so much already!
Theres a couple pregnancy thoughts I want to share with you. Stuff no one told me.

1. Your skin and nails get so much worse before they get better (still waiting for that). I just kept hearing about how your skin and nails get so good during pregnancy, and before I even got married I was taking "magic hair growth pills" (prenatal vitamins) and they worked great, up until I was in a coma and they took me off everything I was taking, and I never found them or started again. Anyway, they are not having the same effect when I'm actually pregnant! My theory is that the baby wants all those vitamins for himself. If it means he's healthy, he can have it! The breaking out and chipping nails have GOT to STOP!!

2. Whoever says that throwing up during morning sickness doesn't make you feel better is just trying to look tougher because they like to use how it sounds gross to get more sympathy. Let me tell you, there was no worse feeling than laying in bed needing to throw up so bad and not. For a couple months, there was no better feeling than how I felt after I threw up. Maybe thats different for other people, but I know I feel so much worse for the poor girls who just have take it. That part, when I wouldn't throw up, was the worst. I just wanted the relief, which luckily, I got every so often.

We deff. weren't trying or anything, and so I didn't keep a calendar, and didn't realize how it was all glaring at me the whole time. I should have taken a hint when I kept waking up to pee, couldn't make it through the day in Baltimore without coming to the hotel for a nap that seemed to take up every day from about 11-3, and would actually eat my entire plate of food and then be starving again an hour later. But all this started pretty much the day I got pregnant, and so I figured it out around the same time I possibly could have. I'm wondering why I've never real someone's blog who says these things, and I'm wondering if its TMI, but I really don't think it is. Maybe its because I lake a sensor...?

My mom and I went shopping yesterday and I'd like to share a few of the treasures we got.
Its going to be the middle of winter when he's born, so he'll need this:


And this will be for next winter:


And in case you weren't sure, Eddie and I's baby is going to be tough:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no idea how excited we are for you. An Asian Eddie family baby, what could be better than that?!

August 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

YAY!! Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear you haven't felt well, but glad to hear that you got to buy some baby things.

August 15, 2010 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

wahooo, i was wondering if you guys found out the sex yet. he's going to be one stylish lad!

August 15, 2010 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

If your little munchkin comes just one day early he and Brock will have the same birthday!! They better be best friends, they'll only be 1 year apart. and i totally hear you about pregnancy--hopefully you're not still sick!! I always felt better after I threw up, but only for about 5 minutes. Cant wait to hear names, and maybe even see pictures????!!! I bet you're the cutest prego ever!!!

August 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

I am so excited for you guys! I was one of those girls who was sick and nauseated all day, every day for 13-14 weeks and couldn't throw up. I would literally try to gag myself everyday hoping for some relief from the nausea and my body wouldn't let me! It was miserable. I agree, that is so much worse than throwing up! But is it worth it and would I gladly go through it again??? Totally :) You should post some baby bump pics! I bet you are adorable!

August 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Gooch Family said...

Bre! So excited for you!!Hope the sickness goes away and you have a great pregnancy!

August 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Brett and Sydnie said...

Yay! So excited for our almost-twin babies! I can't wait to find out what ours is, so I can start shopping.

August 16, 2010 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Jordan P said...

i loveeee these little outfits! especially the first one- so snuggly. YAY!

August 16, 2010 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Courtney N said...

Congrats on your newest addition!

August 16, 2010 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

yay! i love the little peacoat. :)

August 17, 2010 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Nic & Kandis said...

Yay, a boy! That's so exciting. Boys are the best! I hope you are feeling better and not puking anymore. Not too much longer before the lil' guy is here :)

August 20, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home