Friday, April 30, 2010

career path...

Halleluiah for my college education! I told my parents the kind of job I would be happy with and they said “are you kidding me? You put all that time, energy, and money into it for that?” Yes. I did.

What sort of job would I be pleased with? Stocking shelves at Gap. Selling cupcakes. Unlocking doors for locked out college co-eds at 3 in the morning. What kind of job do I have? I HAVE NO JOB! Thanks, expensive monthly car break downs and darling sun dresses, for reminding me of that.

I think its time for a confession, in case you didn't put 2 and 2 together. I volunteered somewhere for 9 MONTHS (Heritage), loved every minute of it, and then got turned down for a job. Do they really think that I wasn't expecting anything in return for giving my time? The worst part is that when they hired someone else I was told “Sorry, we decided to go in a different direction, but you should apply for other positions that open. Maybe we'll hire you.” I'm sorry, I don't live my life on maybes. Maybe a horse will kicked me in the head. Clearly I didn't think that one through. Also, they acted like they were really considering hiring me, like they hadn't already made a decision. HELLO, they already knew me. Also, when I asked “what can I do differently,” they really didn't give me any direction, and OBVIOUSLY I could do stuff different if they'd hire someone else. I would so much rather make some adjustments than not be helping to my fullest capability...sorry...this whole situation kind of killed me...I really wanted a job there...

So, point of the story is: I NEED A JOB. Not something that requires me to talk on the phone too much (the phone makes it harder to understand me). I'm in the Provo area, and I plan to stay here for a couple more years. If you know of a job, PLEASE tell me about it. I really do want to work. I'm not very good at sitting around at home. Please, I feel so desperate...Then we've got my husband saying “don't sound so desperate.” Easy for you to say, Mr. Got-A-Good-Job-Right-Out-of-College-and-Didn't-Have-to-Deal-With-A-Recession.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

ESPERO QUE CONSIGA ALGUMA COISA. NUNCA PERCA AS ESPERANÇAS!!!

May 1, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home