Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm A Big Kid Now

I was realizing that when I was little (about 5) I had two big measures to tell me if I was big. I've long since passed them up, so clearly, I am a big girl. Here they are:

#1 When I was big, my butt would cover the entire hole in the toilet seat when I went to the bathroom. I bet my little bum was so cute then.

#2 When I was big, I could sit in my dad's firebird in the back seat with my back all the way against the seat and my feet could touch the ground. In case you're not one of the lucky ones to have driven that car, I'll give you a visual of the Firebird.



That car is my dad's firebird. He bought it from his big sister when he was 16 and its still sitting in his garage now. That car is the one material thing that has always been in my life. Now, I can't sit in the back seat of that car without hitting my chin with my knees. I'm not sure when I could start touching the floor, but I can!

Let me tell you about going to seminary in that car. Its cold outside. Its like 5 in the freakin morning in southern california. Freezing, I tell ya. Then you get in the Firebird and you are toasty warm by the time you get down the block because it has two big heater vents, one on each side for the passenger side and drivers side. That car is so small that it doesn't take much. An unparalleled heating system!

Its so precious to me that I can remember trying to reach my feet all the way to the floor on my way home from church with my family when I was 5, going to seminary in that car, and I remember being the first one to crash it on my way to go see my horse, Khya, and here I am on my wedding day. That car is so special to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan P said...

My favorite memory is crusing in san clemente and getting fisherman's and scoping out boys. Good times!

June 26, 2010 at 5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home