Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I NEED Some Empty Calories

I have a problem and I think you guys can help me with it. I started this cooking class at BYU (another one) and we made this broccoli salad thing. I thought it ended up being DELICIOUS. I actually really liked it, and I thought "hey, I should make this for dinner and Eddie will be so impressed with my nutrients." But right after my broccoli salad lunch, I started to feel pretty nauseous. This is the question that arose in my mind: Can your body get nauseous after eating too nutritious foods when you're not used to eating that way? This is not the first time I wondered this; I think maybe my body just isn't cut out for "real" food. I felt the exact same way as I did freshman year when my aunt gave me these New Skin daily women's vitamins, which I promptly stopped taking (and when I told my aunt she said "oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that. They make most people nauseous at first.") So is that vitamin thing what is happening here? Maybe instead of getting my nutrients though New Skin woman's vitamins, they're coming from food, and my body doesn't know what to think.

Anyways, to continue my story, I went home and made that broccoli salad anyway for dinner. Maybe if I force it, then my body will get used to it? Its about time I eat a more "balanced" meal. So I told Eddie it was making me sick, and he asked what I felt like eating, and I told him "empty calories."

2 Comments:

Blogger We Are Three said...

I have no answer for you as to why you felt nauseous after eating broccoli but I'll make up for my lack of knowledge by informing you that this is my favorite blog to read, hands down.

May 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Jordan P said...

haha. give me some cap'n crunch!

May 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home