Monday, August 23, 2010

This is getting more and more fun...

Just so everyone is up to date, braxton hicks contractions started up this weekend. At 21 weeks. It was definitely manageable, not too painful, and Eddie, being so great, was telling me to relax and practice my breathing, and I told him "Eddie! I don't even know if I am supposed to relax! Maybe this is a bad thing! Maybe I should be going to the hospital, not relaxing!" But I called my midwife this morning, and she told me its fine, as long as it doesn't get too consistent or the pain doesn't go away and as long as I can still feel baby move. I knew this sort of thing was normal, but that it usually didn't start up so soon, especially with a first baby. At least I know he's there, messing with my body like babies are supposed to. My tummy gets so rock hard, I didn't even know my muscles could do that. I think there is a money making idea here...if you could take some hormone stuff that does that to your abdominal muscles when you are at the beach, well I know I would pay good cash for that. But it has to happen when you still have a flat stomach. Someone look into that.

2 Comments:

Blogger J & J said...

my braxton hicks contractions with goldie started at 20 weeks and they never quit until she was born. isn't it nuts how hard your stomach gets? you are trooper! can't wait to see you soon!

August 27, 2010 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Ashley S. said...

Those contractions are super annoying and uncomfortable. You'll see that they get even more uncomfortable past 30 weeks. It pretty much sucks for me right now. I bet you are adorable :)

September 6, 2010 at 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home