Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cheeseburgers and Sugar

Guys, I'm considering getting off my butt and making myself chocolate chip cookies. Let me tell you about today-- I made a great little meal for dinner tonight. I made spaghetti squash and brussel sprouts and it was pretty wonderful. Eddie loved it. He ate his whole plate of food and got a second plate too. I, on the other hand, ate 3/4ths my plate, and told him that I was stuffed and that I couldn't eat any more. After that I got up and got myself a bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce.

Then we started watching a TLC TV show about this guy who was addicted to cheeseburgers. He made such comments as "Cheeseburgers are ruining my life," and we laughed and decided Eddie was going to make up an addiction to something like Vagisil just to get on TV. But then I told him that part of me got it; I literally feel sick if I eat very much "real food" and don't get what I really want. I actually feel completely full, like I'll be sick if I eat one more bite, but then I get dessert. There is something wrong with me. Then the next show came on and it was about this woman who has an addiction to sugar. I watched her, with my bowl of ice cream, and thought "at least I'm not that bad" because she doesn't mess around. Its sugar every hour of every day, and nothing else. But I also realized that I didn't think it sounded that horrible. I really feel withdrawals if I don't get dessert. And dessert with everything, including breakfast. The good thing about my eating habits, which I really believe makes me okay (tell me if it doesn't), I am always willing to try other food, and if I don't have to cook the food and clean up after it, I usually love the food and I'll eat a normal amount of it, as long as I can get dessert in. Do I have an eating disorder? I know that in some ways I am obsessed with food, which I do know is one of the symptoms.

And the worst part is that I am trying make sure my baby is healthy. But I do always buy Breyers natural ice cream. Partially because I can almost always find it half off, but mostly because there are about 5 ingredients, while still remaining VERY good. That way I don't feel too bad about myself for eating ice cream for breakfast. Cuz really, its just milk, right? My baby...they like milk, right?

AND I ATE LIKE 5 BRUSSEL SPROUTS! And a couple tomatoes from my garden and some spaghetti squash, also from my garden. I DESERVED THAT BOWL OF ICE CREAM! Am I normal?

2 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

lol. i have to have dessert at night or i feel withdrawals too. :)

September 6, 2010 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Brett and Sydnie said...

You're totally normal Bree. Since being pregnant my food issues are crazy. I think its totally okay that you eat so much ice cream-you have to feed that growing baby. I'm getting my baby big on cheeseburgers and fries. Super healthy right?

September 7, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home