Friday, October 23, 2009

Since You've Been Gone...

That's my Kelly Clarkson shout out. Just for Eddie--- he loves that Kelly!

Eddie's been gone since Oct. 14th, thats over a WEEK ago. He's been driving with his coworker across the US to shoot the next promotional video for SVU, and while they're driving that far on assignment they're shooting stock footage for their company while they're at it. So today, he's finishing up shooting in D.C. and then going up to NYC tonight.

So thats what Eddies up to. Let me tell you what I'm doing.

- I have restarted the knitted headband (below) 6 times.
- I started and finished the below baby booties.
- I've freaked out while showering 3 times because I start thinking about how a murderer could break in and I couldn't even hear it. I'm still figuring out what I would do.
- I've started the process (it should be done early next week) of getting my transmission replaced. I'm surprised my first born child and all arms and legs will make it through this situation. However, I'm thinking it would probably be cheaper to get a prosthetic...
- My student (at Heritage) learned to post the trot! The rest have all got it but one was having a hard time grasping the concept. I finally found a good way to explain it! Im THAT GOOD of a teacher.
-I made it to church on time!
-I got my free bagel (on Friday) from Einstein's, and just because I'm mad at the manager there, I didn't even buy butter! I took my bagel home and put my own damn butter on it, thank you very much. THEY COULD HAVE MADE $.50 OFF ME!

And what I haven't done:
-I haven't had to take out the trash once! I'm not wasteful.
-I haven't really cooked once! Eddie wants the complete meals, I just want cold cereal and Top Raman. And Easy Mac.
-Because of the no cooking, I haven't ran the dish washer once! Love it.
-I haven't really made the bed once! I'm happy with just having in straightened out.

This isn't a complete list. He's still gone for one more week. In that time, I plan to do other things as significant as turning in my HW.

So what have I been doing with all the time saved while not cooking? Well that is a surprise for Eddie, and although he never posts on here, he occasionally reads, and he does have computer access, so I'm not going to tell you. I'll just tell you this: Its good. Real good. I'll post pictures when Eddie has already seen it. Oh wow, I'm looking at it right now, and I just have to say I'M GREAT!

So until his return, I'll just have to rely upon this:

My sister-in-law, Brynn,sent me that. She found that picture on AOL. Thanks Brynn, for sending me that.

Well I'm going to go check the mail. I HATE that task. What comes in the mail? Bills and Geico adds, neither of which I want. And those newspapers that you get guilt tripped into looking for the coupons in because you feel like you should take the time but you aren't really positive its worth the $.25 coupon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

I'm sure Eddy has already told you but we totally saw him here in DC! We were just walking in front of the capitol and he was like "NO way!" and we looked up to see Eddy there! We were so excited! Random huh?

October 23, 2009 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger GG said...

I know you miss him but I also know how sweet it is to be completely alone every now and then and break up the routine but then realize how wonderful it is to have that man in your life. xoxooxo

October 24, 2009 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Ty and Kumari said...

LOL YOU CRACK ME UP GIRL!!! I AM SO READY FOR THEM TO COME HOME!!!! I TOTALLY FEEL YA ON THE WHOLE SHOWER THING....

October 24, 2009 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I can't wait to see what the surprise is! I love surprises!

October 26, 2009 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Asian Eddie said...

If I come home to some sort of living animal in our house...

October 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home