Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Go To Bed By 12.

I'm going to share my really effective ideas with you. I wish we had tried this sooner. Here's the deal: Eddie and I have a REALLY hard time going to bed at a normal hour. Like we never do. So here is what we came up with, and it works! We can't watch an episode of Chuck (it would work with any show that you're currently into) on my laptop in bed unless we get in bed by 11. The reason this is so great for me is because I just want to sleep. Always. I'm a very good sleeper. I'm out once I'm horizontal for approximately 5 seconds. This is a good compromise because Eddie is a night owl. So, to be quite honest, its sort of a bribe to get my husband in bed. Then I can just watch it the next day if I want. Eddie knows I will throw a fit around 12 and say its time to go to bed. But we have to shower first and then its around 1 went we make it to under the covers position. GUYS thats not dirty. Keep in mind we watch TV on my laptop like every night.

Why do we like TV so much? Really, I can get addicted to any and every show. On my friend Liz's fitness blog theres an article about ending your obsession with chocolate. But how do you end your obsession with TV? I get exercise, I really do, but we have to sacrifice our sleep time. Its like a vicious cycle, you stay up late to watch Chuck (or gossip girls, or ugly betty, or 24, or hereos, or whatever is on HGTV, or paris hiltons new BFF, you get the point...) and then you have to sleep in later, so you have to stay up later to fit in the TV. It goes round and round. But this new rule we have instated makes sure I'm asleep by 12 (because you know how TV shows sans commercials are about 40 minutes) and that leaves a minute to do sudoku if I'm not already out. Try it! It gets you to bed, even if your husband really believes he needs to be up until 2 every day.

1 Comments:

Blogger becca said...

i'm a fan of your blog. it is SO HARD to go to bed early.

August 18, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home