Thursday, September 10, 2009

Transmission

Remember that car that I thought was so wonderful? Well the car guy said that the transmission in crapping out and my only option is to replace my transmission or get a new car. This is all a bit of a surprise seeing as it has less that 83,000 miles and I only bought it like 8 months ago and we took it to a car place and they said the car looked totally fine. They actually said it was an extra great car.

To be honest, that car makes me feel so good. I couldn't imagine a better car. Plus, well....its just an overall incredible car. I don't want to loose it. Yesterday, when the mechanic told me this, I got in my car, and drove away, and almost cried. I feel like every time I get in it, its just one more time I drive it until its gone. Like I'm driving in to its car grave. I guess thats true with any car though. I think it would be worth it for me to just get that transmission fixed. But, according to the one mechanic, it would almost cost the same amount as it did to buy the car. My dad said that that was a ridiculous quote, and I looked it up on google, and those sites told me how ridiculous that mechanics quote was. I know all you readers are probably girls like me and you wouldn't know, but maybe you've had to have your car's transmission fixed or you wouldn't mind asking your wonderful husband how much it would cost. Presuming your husband is all up in the car biz.

So yeah, a transmission for a 2002 Audi Allroad. I don't know if it matters but it has less that 83,000 miles.
HELP ME! Maybe I should post this question on Yahoo Answers too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Oh Bree I'm so sorry. I hate car issues. I feel like mechanics take advantage of people that don't know anything about cars...

As for the Audi thing, we sold our Audi with 60,000 miles on it because we heard they go kaput after about that much usage. They drive well, but are not built to last like a Honda or Toyota! We were so sad. We loved our car and never had any problems with it, but didn't want to have to start paying for repair work. It is so expensive on those cars!

Maybe you could find a friend who is a mechanic to give you a good price??

September 11, 2009 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Ty and Kumari said...

I'll ask Ty!

September 15, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home