Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I am CRAFTY

I'll admit it...maybe I am crafty. The proof is glaring at me. Look at my house? And I am in the process of knitting my 3rd tie. This one for the incredible Bishop Dicou. Eddie and my brother already got one. Also, look at the bunny I knit!! If thats not crafty I don't know what is! But you know what I'm not? Creative. Dictionary.com says that to create is "to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes." What have I done thats unique? I'm just a really good copy-cat. I do have the natural talent to pick out what is pretty dang cool and do it myself. Look at my ties for example. I take a tie I like, and knit it. Easy as that. And my "unique" home decor, I really just look at pictures or pick what wouldn't go and do that.

So lets look at my most recent crafty, but not creative, project.


I painted it. Its going in my "craft room." Notice its straight black. clearly nothing original.

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Bree that is so cute! I love finding funky furniture and painting it :)

August 26, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Kim Edwards said...

that's cool. Where did you pick it up? And you can't go wrong with classic, thinning, black :)

August 26, 2009 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger The Greaves Family said...

YOU are so crafty and unique and creative. I mean look at you and Eddie. You two are like the most creative-tist pair I know! Miss you two, hope that all is well. I realy really really want to learn to knit. I have actually joined a knitting club here in the uk, but the leader has gone to america for two months, so I haven't started yet!:)

August 27, 2009 at 12:00 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

i love it!

August 27, 2009 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Justin, Heather Lea and Atticus Zweig said...

I am so glad to see that the black paint was put to good use. Lovely.

August 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

You are definitely creative... I think it's fabulous!

August 29, 2009 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger J & J said...

i love it. i think it is perfect.

August 29, 2009 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

you have been knitting ties?! i love that idea. i am so excited to learn how to knit!

September 29, 2009 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

la la love it.

October 14, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home