Saturday, September 12, 2009

district sleeps alone tonight

We went to DC over Labor Day weekend to see Eddie's parents before they leave to ABU DHABI! We really had the best time possible. For Eddie, food was the big draw. He really missed that. So we intermixed food and site seeing for me, since I hadn't been to DC since I was about 8. And we did a little visiting of Eddie's Virginia friends. Here are some pictures:


When we got there we pretty much went straight to the Crab Market.
The next day we went to what Eddie called "The Mall." Thats not the usual kind of mall that I go to.



I think this was at the Korean War Memorial? I'm sure I knew what it was then...I was so sad...


Then we got the BEST burgers with Aubrey and Joe at a place called Rays Hell Burger. We forgot to get a picture.
Then that night we went to the white house and that was fun! We had to go late that night because we went on an West Wing tour and we could only go when the President had left for the night.


Our tour guide, he was the man, let us take a picture in front of this seal even though we weren't supposed to. The security guards got mad at as.

They said that during the day there are 2 guards standing at this door so Eddie and I thought we were really funny reenacting it.

We went to the Smithsonian and this is pretty much the only thing I wanted to see...The Hope Diamond. They call it the Hope Diamond because every girls hopes she can have a diamond that big.

We got Eddie some hot wings from a place called "The Wing Factory" I think? He loves wings.
The day we left we went to the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial. It was really special. Its one thing to go to memorials of things that happened before you were born and another thing to go to a memorial of something you swear happened yesterday.

Have you seen enough pictures? What? you don't think I should post more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home