Saturday, September 11, 2010

It Begins

The decorating of the baby boy's room started today (I mean a couple days ago; Blogger wouldn't let me attach pictures so I had to wait a bit for it to be working again)!


Eddie always thinks I should "have a plan" before I start decorating stuff. I've tried to get him to understand that I don't work like that when it comes to putting a look together. That is why he is responsible for most of the decorating in our home. Remember when I decorated our master bedroom as a "surprise" for when Eddie got home from a 2 week work trip? The real reason is that I just wanted to start and see what happens, and he didn't want me doing that, so that is just what I did when he went out of town. It totally worked out.


So, moral of the story is, he isn't as concerned about my methods for decorating MY nursery. So, I'm just starting and we'll see what comes up. I just know I want to paint it gray. I think gray is the greatest neutral. I love it. What color doesn't go well with gray? Plus, I had almost a gallon of paint left over from our master bedroom, thats why the paint looks familar. This way, if I want to use the nursery again for if I have a girl next, I can just throw in some pink accents if I don't feel like painting.

Just so everyone knows what crib I want, this is one that I love. Its just so functional.


And its only a meager $1,600. Ha! Eddies going to have to win a couple more commercial contests for that! So that one won't work out, I'm thinking maybe having a capable, cheap carpenter make a replica, I really don't think it will be cheap enough to make it affordable even on craigslist. Ikea will probably be a more realistic option, less of a streatch, but a girl can dream, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

i still think you should do gray with orange....

September 13, 2010 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Kim Edwards said...

if you need help I love painting :)

September 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Cute!

September 24, 2010 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

The room looks awesome, and that crib is fabulous. Love the storage on it. Too bad it's so much!

September 28, 2010 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger THE GOULDINGS said...

Hi how are you guys!? Yea, congrats on being pregnant! I am so excited for you! I hope everything is going well! Are you guys in the same ward? What are you up too?

October 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home